Special Offer! Up to 25% off fitted shutters - ends 31 March 2020
How to dress window shutters
Suitable for every room in the house (even kitchens and bathrooms), window shutters are timeless, elegant and guaranteed to give your house the wow factor.
Windows can be tricky to dress in general however and you may feel this even more if you have already invested in shutters. To help you out, we have listed below some great ways of how you can dress your window shutters.
Pair them up with curtains
Considering most people opt for one or the other, it may seem like a crazy concept to pair shutters with curtains. However, doing so can provide many benefits:
- It helps to create a luxury look
- The difference between the textures creates contrast which gives off a boutique vibe in your home
- Window shutters are popular for so many reasons and by adding an extra layer with curtains, you can maximise these benefits even further. Increased privacy and security, further noise reduction and a boost to your energy efficiency are just a few of them
If you prefer the natural look, window shutters look great as they are. Perhaps you want to make more of a feature of them? If this is the case, a lick of paint can go a long way. You can either paint your shutters a similar shade to your walls and then introduce pattern and print with accessories and flooring. However, if you want to make your window dressings the star of the show, go monochrome. If your walls are white, a dramatic black will help to create maximum contrast to ensure they really stand out. If you feel a little unsure about painting your shutters, read this helpful article: https://www.dummies.com/home-garden/home-painting/how-to-paint-windows-and-shutters/
If you’d rather leave your shutters as they are, the good news is that there are plenty of ways you can enhance their natural look. Accessories are a great way to draw people’s eyes towards the shutters and ensure they’re the focal point of the room.
- Place glass vases and jars on your windowsill. As well as adding some colour to the room, they pick up the natural light and add texture to a room – for some great windowsill advice follow this link: https://www.homedit.com/6-ways-to-decorate-dress-your-window-sills/
- Purchase some indoor plants that love the sunshine. Bringing a bit of the outdoors inside has many benefits including reducing stress and helping us to concentrate. Not to mention, plants look great as well and help to add colour into the room
- Relive all your favourite memories by adding some picture frames to your windowsills
Install window boxes
Now your shutters look great on the inside, what about the outside? A great way to guarantee your window dressings stand out to passers-by is to install some window boxes to the outside of your property.
Here you can plant some of your favourite colourful plants which will really help to give your home that extra special touch. As well as looking fantastic, one of the greatest things about window box plants is they’re easy to maintain because when it comes to watering them, simply open your window and you can access them from inside.
For more information about window shutters and how they can help to enhance your home, please feel free to get in touch and we’ll be more than happy to help.