Offer! Up to 25% off when you request a survey by
The interior design trends tipped to be huge in 2018
January doesn’t have to be full of doom and gloom – the New Year is actually a fantastic time to make those changes around the house that you never seem to get around to doing.
If you’re thinking of giving your home a bit of a makeover this year, don’t do anything until you’ve had a read of the interior design trends which according to industry experts, are tipped to be huge in 2018.
Searches on Pinterest (www.pinterest.co.uk/) for “bathroom spa” have increased by a whopping 269% in the last year. When it comes to our bathrooms, we want to re-create that feeling of total peace and relaxation you get in a luxury hotel spa with Jacuzzi baths, earthy tones and minimalist accents. If you want to be the envy of all your friends in 2018, creating your very own spa bathroom is the way to go.
If you’re looking for an incredibly inexpensive way to give your house a new lease of life, house plants are the way forward. Not only do they look fantastic, having plants in your home provides a number of surprising benefits including:
- They reduce carbon dioxide levels and levels of certain pollutants
- They increase humidity
- They reduce airborne dust levels
- They help to reduce stress and create a feeling of wellbeing
If you are going to invest in some house plants this year, just make sure they’re patterned. According to Pinterest, searches for this type of plants is up by 533%.
Curtains and blinds are becoming increasingly old-fashioned and window shutters appear to become more and more trendy every year. Why exactly have these window dressings become so popular however?
- Their design is simple and elegant. This means that not only do they look great in any home, they’re timeless.
- They’re made from high quality wood and are therefore incredibly long-lasting.
- You have complete control over how much light enters your property.
- They offer better security and privacy.
- They help to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- They’re easy to keep clean.
- They’re child and pet friendly – you don’t have to worry about dangerous cords dangling down.
- Waterproof options are available, making them ideal for kitchens and bathrooms.
When we’re doing DIY or redecorating our homes, most of us tend to focus on the walls or maybe even the floor. In 2018 however, it’s all about the ceiling. An inventive way to transform a room from the top down, it’s now all the rage to keep walls one colour and then wallpaper, tile, decorate or paint the ceiling to make it the standout feature of the room.
If you want your home to have the wow factor from the minute people lay their eyes on it, invest in a statement door. Searches on Pinterest for “colourful doors” increased by 121% in 2017 alone so make sure you’re welcoming your guests in style.
Whether you’re looking for design ideas for the kitchen, living room, bathroom or bedroom, House and Garden magazine (www.houseandgarden.co.uk/interiors) has a fantastic selection of all the latest trends.